- Get a Quote
10 Planning Tips for a Successful Home Remodel Project
Tuesday, June 9th, 2015
Home improvement projects come in all shapes, sizes and budgets. If you are going for more than just a kitchen or bathroom “makeover” to a complete “remodel”, the planning gets much more complicated and involves multiple construction tradesmen.
Here are 10 tips to help you begin planning for your kitchen or bath remodel.
- Research the ROI of your remodeling investment. Will the luxury bathroom remodel price your house beyond the value if you sell it in a few years?
- Look to magazines and websites such as Pinterest and Houzz for design inspiration.
- Interview multiple contractors, plumbers, architects, designers and electricians. Check references and previous work. Review estimates.
- An interview question homeowners should ask their remodeling company is: What permits do I need? Most remodeling contractors are knowledgeable about what permits are required and how to obtain them. Often a contractor will get the required permits for you.
- To save money, provide the layout of the plumbing and electrical if possible.
- Order a portable toilet for your contractors so they don’t track dirt and debris though your house during construction.
- If you don’t have multiple bathrooms in your house you will need to rent a portable bathroom. Place the toilet rental in an area that is close and convenient for the workers.
- Cover all floors leading to and from the areas under construction and have a fan to ventilate construction dust out of the house.
- Before your kitchen remodel begins, get organized with menu planning (sandwiches will become a staple) and research all your local dining out options.
- Ask your painter to save some paint in well-marked cans that code the color for future touch-ups.
Many home owners trust United Site Services to handle their portable bathroom needs during major home renovations. Get a free quote on a portable toilet rental for your next home remodel project.