- Get a Quote
- All categories
- Account Updates
- Construction Resources
- COVID-19/Coronavirus Updates
- Emergency Planning
- Government Resources
- Hand Hygiene
- In The News
- Industrial On Site Sanitation
- Planning Special Events
- Porta Potty FAQs
- Seasonal Porta Potty Rental
- USS Gives Back
- USS Safety
- USS Sporting Events
- USS Toilet Planning
- USS Updates
- World Portable Sanitation
Construction Industry Safety Best Practices
Friday, May 1st, 2020
- Avoid in person meetings, hold safety meetings by phone.
- Limit unnecessary visits to the jobsite and work trailer.
- Increasepersonal space to at least 6 feet.
- Consider staggered shifts.
- Minimize ridesharing.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid using co-worker’s phones, work tools and equipment.
- Wear masks over nose and mouth to prevent spreading the virus.
- Common areas should be cleaned at least once per day and trash changed frequently, using proper PPE.
- Disinfect work surfaces, equipment and frequently touched areas including door handles, time clocks, machinery controls, etc., with EPA-approved disinfectants with claims against emerging viral pathogens.
- Increase personal space to at least 6 feet.
- Any portable jobsite toilets should be cleaned by the leasing company at least twice per week and disinfected on the inside. High touch areas (like door handles, locks, toilet seat) should be disinfected more frequently.
- Consider screening visitors with questions that are safe to ask, such as:
- > Have you traveled outside the country in the past 14 days?
- > Have you had contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19?
- > Are you currently experiencing fever over 100,difficulty breathing or cough?
- Have tissues and trash receptacles easily accessible.
- Train employees how to properly put on, use/wear and remove protective clothing and equipment.
- Encourage workers to report any safety and health concerns.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water.
- If soap and running water are not available, use at least 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Preventative Measures from OSHA
COVID-19 Guidance for the Construction Workforce
Jobsite Safety and Recordkeeping Guidance for Coronavirus
COVID-19: Insights and Guidance
Construction Industry Safety Coalition (CISC) COVID19 Resources (Download)