If you need support in the areas impacted by Hurricane Sally, please call 1-800-TOILETS and press 1
- Get a Quote
Portable Restroom Calculator
Let us help you determine your porta potty rental needs.
Determining how many porta potties are needed for an event or construction site might seem like a difficult task. There are many different factors that go in to calculating the number of porta potty rentals needed. Our simple portable restroom calculator helps construction project managers and event planners understand how many porta potty rentals to get.
Event Portable Restroom Calculator FactorsWhen planning an event that will require portable toilet rentals, it is extremely important to get the number of portable toilets needed right. Not having enough portable toilets can result in long lines and unsanitary conditions which negatively impacts your event in several ways. Some of the key elements in determine how many porta potties to rent for an event are:
- Number of event attendees
- Number of event staff, volunteers, etc that will be on site
- Hours of the event
- Will there be crew on site on the days before and after your event?
- Number of days the event will last?
- Will you want your portable toilets cleaned during the event?
- How much space is available for your portable toilet rentals?
- Do you need to provide ADA compliant restrooms for guests?
- You will likely want to provide hand washing stations, especially if food is being served at your event. Do these hand washing stations need to have hot water per local codes?
Construction Site Portable Restroom Calculator FactorsDeciding how many portable toilets you need for a construction site in your area can depend on several aspects but unlike events, you have the ability to let your portable toilet count evolve over the project’s lifetime. Consider this - a large high rise construction project or residential development site may only start out with one portable toilet on site next to the office trailer of the project foreman but then evolve to have over 50 porta potties by the peak of the project and then only 1 again at the end at it wraps up. It is important to make sure you have enough porta potty rentals to meet OSHA requirements, local or state rules regarding construction sites and ample portable toilet rental for good morale and job site efficiency, which is often times overlooked. Here are the common items to consider when calculating how many portable toilets are needed for your project:
- How many people will be on site?
- Are there different shifts throughout the day?
- How many hours per week will people be on site?
- Will people be congregated in different areas that are more than 200 yards apart?
- Will you want to have multiple service visits to clean your restrooms?
- Do you want to provide a separate portable toilet for women on your site?
- Is hand washing required in the city where your project is? Regardless this should be considered for the overall health of workers on site.