Did you know that United Site Services’ portable restrooms reduce fresh water usage by approximately 13 million gallons per day? At United Site Services, sustainability and caring for our environment is something we strive for each day. We use formaldehyde-free deodorizers, aerosol free hand pumps and Energy Star equipment in all our daily business practices. Many of our restroom trailer rental units feature low flush toilets and metered fixtures to conserve water and low voltage LED lighting to minimize power consumption.
USS Green Initiative
United Site Services is committed to making sensible choices to reduce our use of energy, our production of harmful emissions and our use of wasteful packaging and chemicals that can harm our environment. We make honest efforts every day across all facets of our organization to reduce, reuse and recycle. USS recently joined the National Clean Fleets Partnership, a public-private initiative within the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities program to help large private fleets reduce petroleum consumption. The Partnership provides fleets with resources, expertise and support to incorporate alternative fuels and fuel-saving measures into company operations. Learn more here.
Certified waste disposal
- All portable restrooms and septic system waste is disposed at Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) approved and monitored waste treatment facilities.
Elimination of Harmful Chemicals
- Formaldehyde-free toilet deodorizers
- Citrus-based, non-caustic, non-flammable cleaning solutions
- Refillable hand-pump dispensers opposed to disposable cartridges (where possible)
- All materials purchased in bulk packaging to eliminate waste
Use of Recycled Products
- Toilet paper and paper towels made from recycled paper