If you need support in an area impacted by Hurricane Ian, please call 1-800-TOILETS and press 1.
- Get a Quote
Last modified: 12/19/2019
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE UNITED’S WEBSITE OR PROVIDE UNITED WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Your use of United’s website and/or mobile applications indicates your acceptance of this policy and of the collection and use of your personally identifiable information in accordance with this policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AND PROCESSED
There are a number of circumstances in which you supply us with personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your personal information:
If you register for an account on our website;
- Identification data (e.g. first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number, address,
- If you engage in certain transactions, such as paying your bills, which may require you to input other personal information such as credit card numbers, and bank account numbers;
- If you apply for a job with us, you may submit employment-related information: 1) that is provided on job applications through the website or electronically; 2) as it relates to our Human Resources Department, and 3) for LinkedIn referrals. This information may include, for example, job preferences, work history, and other personal information;
- If you participate on social media accounts involving United;
- If you submit questions, comments, or feedback through the website, or otherwise;
- Communication data (e.g. exchanges with you by phone or e-mail);
- Information collected for analytics purposes (e.g. IP address, and persistent IDs). or
- Any other place on the website where you knowingly volunteer personal information
United uses a variety of social media options to communicate and interact with consumers. When interacting with a United presence on those social media websites, you may opt to reveal certain personal information. We may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account, including any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. Any personal information you have chosen to share on any United social media pages will be visible to persons visiting those pages, and privacy on those pages is governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies. Other than to respond to posts or answer questions, United will not use personal information provided on its social media pages without permission from you.
Our website includes social media widgets, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and LinkedIn. These features collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure their features function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
United respects the privacy of children, and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you are under the age of 13, do not send any information about yourself to us – including information such as your name, address, or email address. We don’t knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database. A child’s parent or legal guardian can also request that the personal information of their child be deleted from our records.
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information by automated means. For example, our systems may collect information about:
- The name and domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using and/or the IP address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- Your activity on the website, such as the date and time you access the website, the length of your stay, and the pages you access while visiting our website;
- The address of the referring website, if any;
- Websites visited before or after you visit our website; or
- The type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We use this information to monitor the usage of our website services, assess performance, ensure technological compatibility with your device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on the services. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns, such as surveying webpage duration, and other data in an aggregated and anonymous manner.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our website, which includes improving and customizing our services. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Website at any time by way of your device settings.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As non-limiting examples, we may use the personal information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Help you complete and confirm a transaction, enable us to contact you if a problem arises with your transaction, and to communicate back to you;
- Provide you with personalized and customized services and products, including benefits, specials, offers, invitations, and promotions;
- Respond to your requests or questions for information on your account or to any other requests or questions;
- Remember you when you visit our Website;
- Measure the use of the Website and improve the content of the website;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Perform internal marketing analyses with aggregated data; or
- Comply with applicable laws and as otherwise allowed by law.
- If you purchase items or receive materials from United, your personal information may be collected by and/or shared with third parties working with us.
EMAIL AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
United or third parties that it uses may contact you by email or other means at an address that you have provided to us. If you do not want to receive an email from us, please “unsubscribe” through the link that is included in our emails. If you do not want to receive mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information or follow the directions to remove your name from our mailing list.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED WITH OTHERS
We will only share the personal data you provide online with other entities or business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described here. United does not sell or trade your personal information with third parties.
We may make your information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, vendors, or distributors who help us manage or provide services offered on our website, such as hosting, analytics, customer service, etc. We require that all our service providers keep personal information confidential and not disclose it to third parties and not use it for any other purpose. For example, when processing payment for a transaction, United may provide your personal information to a third-party payment processor. If you check the applicable box to consent to “disclosing” your personally identifiable information to third parties, United may share aggregated user statistics and information with third parties.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the website; (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) protect and defend our rights or property, the website, or our users; (d) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, the users of the Website, or the public; or e) assist with identify verification, and to prevent fraud and identify theft.
MERGER, SALE, OR BANKRUPTCY
If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, or are involved in a bankruptcy, United may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.
USE OF EXTERNAL TOOLS ON OUR WEBSITE
We have integrated the component Google Analytics on this website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analysis is the gathering, collection and analysis of data about the behaviour of visitors to websites. Among other things, a web analysis service collects data on which website a data subject has come to a website from (so-called referrers), which subpages of the website were accessed or how often and for which period of time a subpage was viewed. A web analysis is mainly used to optimize our site and provide more effective features, services, and offerings to site visitors.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
As IP anonymization is activated on our website, your IP address will be shortened by Google. On behalf of the operator of the website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and to provide further services related to website and internet use to us. The IP address transferred through your browser to Google Analytics will not be combined with other data held by Google.
In addition, this website uses the Analytics feature UserID to track interaction data. This User ID will be additionally anonymized and encrypted and will not be linked with other data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible.
In addition, you may prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
In addition, a cookie already set by Google Analytics, if any, can be deleted at any time via the Internet browser or other software programs.
Further information and Google‘s applicable privacy regulations can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en and https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/ The following link provides a further explanation of Google Analytics https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/
Our website also uses Google Analytics performance reports relating to demographics and interests and reports on Google Display Network impressions. You can disable Google Analytics for display advertising and customize the ads on the Google Display Network by visiting the ad settings at this link: https://adssettings.google.com.
STORAGE AND PROCESSING
Personal information collected on our Website, or received by United from you or third parties, may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we or our service providers maintain facilities.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Employment-related information and queries may be transferred to any member of the United family of companies. By visiting this Website and submitting information, you consent to such collection, processing, transfer and/or storage of your Personal Information.
USS understands the importance of protecting your personal data. As such, USS secures your data in accordance with commercial, generally accepted industry standards which includes the use of encryption and restricting access to your information. You should understand that despite the use of these industry standards, the information you transmit to the website is done so at your own risk. We cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
United Site Services
Data Privacy Department
118 Flanders Rd
Westborough, MA 01581