3 Easy Steps to Unclogging Your Toilet and Helpful Septic Maintenance Tips to Get You Through the New Year
- Use a toilet auger or pipe snake in your toilet. Turn the tools counter-clockwise to release the metal coil down the pipe.
- Flush the toilet to see if the blockage has been accessed.
- Further treat the clog with an organic bacteria treatment product.
If your attempt fails, it is always a good idea to schedule a septic tank inspection with a professional to determine the severity of the clog and to find out if the tank needs to be emptied.
Septic System Maintenance Tips
- Do not flush anything that is not biodegradable down the toilet. Always use biodegradable toilet paper.
- If you notice any of these three signs; soggy yard, back up, foul order, it may be time for a septic pumping by your septic pumping professional.
- Empty your septic tank every 2 – 3 years
- On a monthly basis, treat your septic system with organic bacteria to break down septic waste.
- Avoid putting harsh cleaning products and other chemicals down your drains. These harsh chemicals make it more difficult for the organic bacteria to break down the waste.
- Don’t flush grease down your sinks!
If you are in CA, we offer professional septic assistance. Contact us about your septic system pumping needs.