- Get a Quote
3 Easy Steps to Unclogging Your Toilet and Helpful Septic Maintenance Tips to Get You Through the New Year
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014
Is an overworked and backed up toilet or septic system turning your New Year into a year you are already ready to forget? Then follow these tips to maintain and unclog your septic system:
- Use a toilet auger or pipe snake in your toilet. Turn the tools counter-clockwise to release the metal coil down the pipe.
- Flush the toilet to see if the blockage has been accessed.
- Further treat the clog with an organic bacteria treatment product.
If your attempt fails, it is always a good idea to schedule a septic tank inspection with a professional to determine the severity of the clog and to find out if the tank needs to be emptied.
Septic System Maintenance Tips
- Do not flush anything that is not biodegradable down the toilet. Always use biodegradable toilet paper.
- If you notice any of these three signs; soggy yard, back up, foul order, it may be time for a septic pumping by your septic pumping professional.
- Empty your septic tank every 2 – 3 years
- On a monthly basis, treat your septic system with organic bacteria to break down septic waste.
- Avoid putting harsh cleaning products and other chemicals down your drains. These harsh chemicals make it more difficult for the organic bacteria to break down the waste.
- Don’t flush grease down your sinks!
If you are in CA, we offer professional septic assistance. Contact us about your septic system pumping needs.