If Safety and Compliance Matter: Choose USS
Protecting the safety of people and property in the areas we serve is of critical importance to all of us. From our hiring procedures to our ongoing inspections and training, we maintain strict standards to ensure that safety, quality and compliance are enforced.
Ensuring Quality Employees
- All Employees go through pre-employment background checks, drug and alcohol screening and E-Verify to certify they are legally able to work in the United States.
- All employees are part of an ongoing random drug and alcohol screening program.
- All managers and supervisors have "Reasonable Suspicion" training enabling them spot an associate who may be under the influence.
- All service employees are issued OSHA approved Personal Protection Equipment and trained in its proper use.
Ongoing Safety and Procedure Training
- USS's industry-leading 8 point service process ensures consistent and safe service.
- Liberty Mutual "Decision Driver" and OSHA training helps reduce accidents.
- Spill prevention and procedures in the event of an accidental spill.
- Safe techniques for lifting, climbing and reaching to reduce accidents and injuries.
- MSHA training for all employees servicing mining sites.
- Training is reinforced through weekly mandatory safety meetings.
- All our drivers are equipped with all required PPE to meet your site safety requirements.