- Get a Quote
- All categories
- Construction Resources
- COVID-19/Coronavirus Updates
- Emergency Planning
- Government Resources
- Hand Hygiene
- In The News
- Industrial On Site Sanitation
- Planning Special Events
- Porta Potty FAQs
- Seasonal Porta Potty Rental
- USS Gives Back
- USS Safety
- USS Sporting Events
- USS Toilet Planning
- USS Updates
- World Portable Sanitation
Five Ways to Make Your Business Green
Tuesday, April 17th, 2018
- Upgrade to Water or Energy Efficient Appliances: Utilizing water or energy efficient appliances in your workplace can have a significant impact on the environment and your wallet, including savings of up to $300 annually. With businesses and public institutions consuming more than 25% of the water used in metropolitan areas (according to NASA), installing low output toilets and metered sink faucets can have a big impact. At United Site Services, many of our restroom trailer rental units feature low flush toilets as well as metered fixtures to conserve water.
- Fix Leaky Faucets: Fixing a leaky faucet or toilet can save up to 90 gallons of water a month. Additionally utilizing metered or motion sensor faucets can help to minimize your water consumption. Here at United Site Services we provide cost effective temporary hand wash stations ideal for use on any job site or event.
- Use LED Light Bulbs: On average, LED bulbs use only 10 watts (versus 60+ watts with conventional bulbs) and produce the same amount of light! Additionally, they last up to 25 times longer and are now more affordable. Despite being slightly more expensive, LED light bulbs pay for themselves in saved energy and replacement costs over time. (Fun Fact: The U.S. Department of Energy projects that widespread use of LEDs can save the U.S. more than $30 billion overall by 2027.)
- Choose Eco-friendly Supplies: From bath towels, to hand soap, to toilet paper, all the products you have in your bathroom can be made more green. United Site Services utilizes toilet paper and paper towels made from 100% recycled paper. It’s also important to be mindful of the chemicals in your cleaning products. All United Site Services’ products utilize formaldehyde-free deodorizers, aerosol free hand pumps and Energy Star® equipment.
- Upgrade to Solar: Consider upgrading your facilties to use solar, wind, and geothermal energy sources to save considerable money on energy costs. The technology and equipment for these services has become more affordable over the years, allowing for more businesses to leverage energy cost savings. Some of our restroom trailers use solar lighting too!
MAKE EVERY DAY EARTH DAY!
On Earth Day, most of us are reminded just how much our actions impact our planet. Many people celebrate the day by being more environmentally conscientious. At United Site Services we believe it’s important to be mindful of our environment every day. USS makes honest efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle in all aspects of our business. In 2017, USS joined the National Clean Fleets Partnership, a public-private initiative within the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities program to help large private fleets reduce petroleum consumption. Learn more here…
When you partner with United Site Services for your project or event needs, you are supporting an organization that is committed to the environment.
So, while we believe our sustainable actions should carry through to our lives every day, Earth Day is a reminder of the awareness we should have for our planet. It’s about positive and long-term change. We hope you will celebrate Earth Day with us this year.